Our Carbon Footprint
Arizona Chemical has for several years embraced sustainability and environmental stewardship as one of its corporate values.
In light of the concerns surrounding global warming and climate change, we decided to assess the carbon footprint of our Nordic and North American operations and products as one of the steps within a broader environmental strategy.
Please register/log-in to download our European and North American Carbon Footprint Summary reports.
European Carbon Footprint Summary Report
North American Carbon Footprint Summary Report
For detailed information regarding the studies, please contact us.
Compared with similar chemical operations, the greenhouse gas emissions of Arizona Chemical’s Finnish, Swedish and North American operations are modest.
Compared to their alternatives, the Crude Tall Oil (CTO) and Crude Sulphate Turpentine (CST) derivatives manufactured by our biorefineries help avoid 410,000 tons of carbon emissions.
Arizona Chemical Nordic Operations
Arizona Chemical North American Operations
Avoided emissions associated with the use of CTO and CST derivatives are estimated to amount to approximately 410,000 tons:
• Tall oil fatty acids (TOFA) prevent emissions of about 83,000 tons by replacing vegetable based fatty acids that may also find applications in food and feed.
• Distilled tall oils (DTO) avoid emissions of 43,000 tons through the substitution of petroleum sulphonates in metal working fluids.
• Tall oil rosins (TOR) avoid emissions 57,000 tons largely explained by the substitution of gum rosin.
• Rosin esters avoid emissions 147,000 tons through the substitution of gum rosin derivatives in roadmarking and adhesives.
• Pitch fuel substitutes heavy fuel explaining the amount of avoided emissions of 80,000 tons.